Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mohawk's Beard & Mustache Competition

Last night was the 4th Annual Beard & Mustache Competition at Mohawk in Austin, which included such categories as Gnarliest Beard, Sweetest 'Stache, Ladies (glued/drawn on, don't worry), Freestyle Facial Hair, Fiercest Chops, Best Groomed, and the Six-Month Sprint. It was packed so I had to take my pictures from pretty far away, but there was some pretty impressive facial hair roaming around!


I ran into some other friends of mine, Sarah and Elaine (below with the poster), who were there to support Elaine's boyfriend Dave in the mustache category.


We watched most of it from the stairs in the back corner--not crowded and close to the bar and bathroom. Plus we could see. Win!


Unfortunately, there wasn't anything that could touch the guy in this video, despite Mohawk's hopeful hinting on their page. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

anthony said...

great pics! I quess I'll enter next year!