Monday, April 12, 2010

2010 Statesman Capitol 10K


Sunday was my first-ever organized, timed, real-deal run. I've been running quite a bit this year, and my friend Jessica and I decided to sign up for the Capitol 10K, which starts at the Congress Street bridge here in Austin. We were later joined by new person-of-interest Travis and a smattering of other people I know, but the three of us never saw them since there were over 20,000 people in attendance this year.

The course was great. There were only two real hills to speak of and then flattened out, wrapping up alongside Town Lake at Auditorium Shores. The weather was misty and cool enough that we were cold while waiting to begin, which was perfect. Jessica and I stuck together and surpassed our goal, albeit barely, coming in at 1:01:38.


Here's this year's winner in the women's division. You may notice that it is not me. I came in 4,053rd place, or 1,457 among the womenfolk. She beat me by about 25 minutes.

No comments: